The NURTURING PROGRAM®
NURTURING is the ability to care for and foster growth in yourself and others
What is the Nurturing Program®?
The Nurturing Program is a series of 15 weekly classes for families to take together. It is a strength-based program to help families incorporate new, positive, and nurturing patterns into their homes. Parents and children learn the same skills, although their teachers and classrooms are separate.
Your family will learn how to:
- Handle feelings, recognize and communicate needs, and take charge of behavior
- Handle stress and anger
- Replace hitting and yelling with more positive discipline techniques
- Recognize the need for nurturing touch
- Establish nurturing routines like mealtimes, bedtimes, getting out of the house, chores, etc.
Pathways for Children Nurturing Program ® specifics:
- Pathways’ offers the Nurturing Program for Parent of Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
- The program will be held at Pathways for Children located at 29 Emerson Ave Gloucester.
- It meets on Wednesday nights beginning February 1, 2017 from 5:15-7:45 pm for 15 weeks. There is a home visit prior the program beginning in order to get to know your assigned facilitator.
- There is no cost for the program.
- The children’s groups are divided into 4 separate groups depending on age.
- A free dinner is provided each week.
- Transportation reimbursement is available for families living in Cape Ann.
How do I sign up or find out more?
Space is limited so call today! If you would like to sign up to participate, volunteer, or facilitate, call Pathways for Children Family Enrichment Program Coordinator, Hailey MacDonald at 978-281-2400 x 5381 or email at email@example.com.