Pathways for Children is looking for a Head Start Social Worker for 35 hrs. per wk. at our Beverly site.
- Conduct home visits with families with children under the age of 5 to provide assessment, case management, and crisis intervention.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team and respond to crises quickly and safely in a therapeutic manner.
- Coordinate meetings and service plan reviews with involved service providers.
- Demonstrate a strengths-based approach and an ability to work under pressure while understanding the complexities of families.
- Adhere to NASW Code of Ethics and agency confidentiality policy.
- Promote positive relationships with parents and identify family strengths and needs to inform a collaborative family goal setting process.
- Effectively facilitate parent support and educational groups/workshops.
- Maintain client records and complete all necessary documentation with established program time frames.
- Must be able to travel efficiently and effectively between to home visits and off-site meetings.
Education requirements: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, license eligibility is preferred but not required.
Required experience: Minimum of one year of experience working with children and families; Knowledge of Human Services and case management.
(Bilingual English/Spanish preferred)
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to Holly Curtis, Social Services Supervisor, at email@example.com.