The Social Worker provides case management and support for children and families enrolled in Pathways’ early education, preschool or school age programs.
Full – Time 35 hrs. per week Excellent Benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a caseload of children and families enrolled in Pathways’ early education, preschool or school age programs
- Works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of Teachers, Supervisors/Managers, Behavior and Disability Specialists and Health staff
- Makes referrals and completes follow-up for therapeutic and supportive services
- Collaborates with families to develop Individualized Family Partnership Agreements in accordance with Head Start standards
- Works collaboratively with the Department of Children and Families
- Occasionally provides supportive services related to social/emotional development in classroom settings
- As needed, provides crisis intervention for families and children
- Completes home visits as directed to engage families in their home settings
- Attends community collaborative meetings to build relationships between Pathways and outside providers
- One year of experience working with and providing case management for children and families
- Knowledge of Social Services and case management
- Awareness of Mandated Reporter requirements
- Experience with crisis management and critical problem solving
- Proven team collaboration in a diverse and supportive working culture with proven ability to provide strength-based support
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills (including editing skills)
- Personal commitment to the values and mission of Pathways for Children.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a related field required
- Must be eligible to obtain a social work or mental health license or be currently licensed
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is beneficial.
- Resumes to Heather Perry, Social Services Manager, Pathways for Children, 29 Emerson Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930 or at email@example.com EOE/AA