30 hrs. per week, 47 wks. per year
General Responsibilities: Assists the Health-Nutrition Manager in implementation and maintenance of EEC, NAEYC, and Head Start Program Performance Standards, and all state and local regulations related to the health content area are upheld. Assist the Health Nutrition Manager in ensuring overall health and safety practices are implemented.
- Facilitate, gather and document all required immunization records, medical and dental examination records, Health Plans, referrals and treatments within the required time periods and enter records into ChildPlus
- Perform vision, hearing and nutrition screenings in a timely manner.
- Communicate with families and providers to convey results and ensure referrals, follow up, and required treatments.
- Communicate and collaborate with staff, families, providers, and professionals regarding health plans, services, and health concerns. Assist in execution of health plans as needed.
- Attend related and required trainings.
- Acquire and maintain certifications in First Aid, CPR, Vision and Hearing Screening, and Medication Administration.
- Assist the Health Nutrition Manager with meetings, organizing trainings, and other functions as requested.
Required: Basic Computer Skills. Ability to relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner.
Preferred: Previous Head Start experience. Experience working with young children. Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish/Portuguese)
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Proficient in spoken and written English language.
Preferred: Health and/or Early Childhood training.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, sit for extended periods, cover moderate distances rapidly. Normal or corrected vision and hearing.
- Successfully complete an employment physical and provide proof of the absence of TB within 7 days of hire
- Pass CORI, SORI, DCF, and fingerprint clearance
- Possess valid MA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance and acceptable driving record.
Resumes to Lisa Correnti, Head Start Director, 29 Emerson Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930 or email@example.com