FT – 35 hours per week – The Social Services Supervisor provides direct supervision to a team of up to nine (9) Social Workers/Family Service Workers who provide support to families with children ages 0 -5 in our Head Start/Early Head Start programs. The Social Services Supervisor will supervise staff located in our Salem, Beverly and Gloucester centers. The Social Services Supervisor has overall responsibility to provide case management support and guidance to this team of workers. The Social Services Supervisor ensures that case management is provided in accordance with best practices in Social Work and according to Office of Head Start regulations as needed. This position works as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of health staff, education and disabilities staff, parent engagement and other departments within Pathways for Children. The Social Services Supervisor collaborates with community partners and works directly with families as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or related field is required
- Must hold a Social Work or Mental Health license and have experience working with families in a social service setting
- Prior Head Start/Early Head Start experience is required
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to travel between centers located in Salem, Beverly and Gloucester
- Experience collaborating with the Department of Children and Families is preferred
Proficient with technological systems such as Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and Outlook. Knowledge of Head Start-specific databases is preferred. Ability to work at a desk and computer terminal for extended periods of time. Must possess a valid MA driver’s license and be willing to travel between our centers; Gloucester, Beverly and Salem.
Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability and Life insurances. 401(k) and Roth retirement plans. Earned Time Off (sick, vacation and personal), 12 Paid Holidays.
Resumes to Bernie Romanowski, Chief Programs Officer, 29 Emerson Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930 or at firstname.lastname@example.org