Do you enjoy working with young children? Do you appreciate and acknowledge that all children grow and learn in their own developmentally appropriate way? If you answered yes to these questions and have experience in a licensed EEC classroom, then Pathways for Children is the place for you!
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for children in a Head Start classroom. Works in conjunction with a teaching team to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to early childhood preschool classrooms. Head Start provides a responsive learning environment that is welcoming and engaging, and tailored to the individual needs and interest of all children.
- Lead Teacher provides oversight and management to assure classroom operates according to best practice and standards set by Office of Head Start, Department of EEC, and Pathways for Children Agency policy and procedures
- Lead Teacher supervises and engages with others working in the classroom including teachers, volunteers and interns
- Lead Teacher provides guidance and direction for classroom activities, schedules, routines
- Develops and implements an individualized curriculum and guidance strategies for each child and the class based on the school readiness goals of Pathways for Children and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework
- Implements and ensures positive guidance strategies for children consistent with Pathways for Children Behavior Management Plan
- Provides appropriate supervision of children in classroom to ensure a healthy and safe learning environment
- Ensures that the learning environment is clean, organized and that all materials are developmentally appropriate for children
- Responsible for weekly lesson planning that supports appropriate curriculum and activities for the ages and developmental stages of children
- Maintains accurate, current records of observation, assessment, individualized planning, and parent contacts for each child
- Actively participates as a member of interdisciplinary teams focused on child and family well-being
- Conducts home visits and works in collaboration with each child’s family supporting a learning partnership with the family
- Participates in training opportunities and required meetings to enhance personal and professional growth of self and of teaching team members
- Respects and maintains confidentiality with child, family, and program information
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Lead Teacher and Teacher: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, ECE, or in a related field with equivalent course work or otherwise meet the requirement of the Head Start Act or a CDA.
- A minimum of 9 months experience in a licensed EEC preschool program
- Lead Teacher and Teacher: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, EEC Lead Teacher Preschool Certification, and experience as a Head Start teacher or preschool teacher
- Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability and Life insurances. 401 (k) and Roth retirement plans. Earned Time Off (sick, vacation and personal), Paid Holidays.
- Career advancement and ECE coursework support
- Varied Schedules
Resumes to: Janet Sinagra, Pathways for Children, 29 Emerson Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930 or at firstname.lastname@example.org