Do you enjoy working with children aged birth-5? Do you appreciate and acknowledge that all children grow and learn in their own developmentally appropriate way? If you answered yes to these questions and have experience with this age group, then Pathways for Children is the place for you! We are excited to be offering the Behavior Specialist position to our team!
Position: Behavior Specialist
Department: Head Start/Salem
Supervised by: Special Education/Mental Health Manager
Classification/Hours: Non-Exempt – 30 hrs/wk at 40 wks/yr
Summary of Position:
The Behavior Specialist has the overall responsibility to provide behavior support to students with emotional and behavioral issues as well as support and consultation to their families and Pathways for Children staff. Assist teaching staff in recommendations in utilizing the designated curriculum in the classroom and provide support to teaching staff to design behavior support plans (BSP) for students. Implements behavior support plans, follow-up on implementation, and provides adjustments and accommodations as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observe and provide feedback as well as support strategies to team members.
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Capability to respond to behavioral situations quickly and safely.
- Coordinate between teachers and parents to implement behavior support plans (BSP).
- Measures goals and objectives of behavior support plans (BSP) to ensure they are being met.
- Communicates with parents, teachers and social workers regarding students’ progress.
- Design classroom support, programs, and special curriculum to meet the individual needs of students.
- Conduct, gather, and input behavior screen assessments on each new child entering the program.
- Advocate for other services through other community resources as needed.
- Attend appropriate Head Start and other trainings pertaining to behavioral health.
- Ensure confidentiality with individual children and families.
Bachelor’s degree in an Early Childhood Education related field with ABA certification or experience in counseling, behavior management, or mental Health.
Must pass Massachusetts CORI, SORI, DCF and Fingerprint checks.
Excellent benefits: Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability and Life insurances. 401(k) and Roth retirement plans. Earned Time Off (sick, vacation and personal), Paid Holidays.
To apply, click on the link below.