35 Hours – per week (School Year) 44 weeks – Beverly
General Responsibilities: This position assists with family events, trainings, and community involvement initiatives that support family, child, and community partnerships. Must have a friendly, outgoing personality and be willing to travel to different centers and work with diverse families. Will work closely with the Parent and Community Outreach Manager and program staff in a team approach to facilitate and ensure the implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards and the written parent/family/community engagement plan.
- Assists in organizing and facilitating parent involvement activities at all Pathways’ centers (in person and/or virtual).
- Helps oversee Head Start parent volunteer involvement within the program.
- Works collaboratively with other staff and component areas to plan parent trainings based on parent needs, interests, and parent input.
- Works within the community to support parent involvement and parent access to community services.
- Documents parent contacts and tracks parent involvement data (tracking forms, questionnaires, charts, and monthly volunteer hours) for in-kind contributions to the Head Start program.
- Assists and represents the program with recruitment initiatives involving public events, advertising, or other program promotional activities.
- Helps to recruit parent and community members for involvement within the program.
- Supports Head Start student recruitment throughout the year.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Ability to read and write proficiently in English (Bi-Lingual English/ Spanish preferred).
- Proficient with computers for effective communication and reporting purposes.
- Two years of experience working in a setting involving children and families (preferred)
- Successfully complete an employment physical within one year of hiring date
- Pass CORI, SORI, DCF, and fingerprint clearance
- Possess valid MA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance and acceptable driving record
- Ability and willingness to travel between centers located in Salem, Beverly and Gloucester
Excellent benefits: Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability and Life insurances. 401(k) and Roth retirement plans. Earned Time Off (sick, vacation and personal), Paid Holidays.
Apply to the link below