Teen Mentor Program – 29 Emerson Ave, Gloucester
January 31 @ 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
A chance to make a difference in a child’s life from your own community
Volunteer mentors are matched with children from the Cape Ann community, aged 5-12, who could benefit from a positive role model. The child may need help increasing his/her self-confidence, raising his/her self-esteem or extra support in school, etc.
High school students aged 16 and older. However, a volunteer may complete the training at the age of 15 so that he/she can be matched once they turn 16.
- Participate in a 6 week training beginning on January 31st
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Meet with the child once a week for 1-2 hours for a minimum of six months
- Maintain ongoing communication with Pathways’ social worker
- Enrich a child’s life while gaining insight into childhood adolescence
- Gain volunteer hours and potentially, high school credits
- Build your resume; get college and job recommendations
- Network within community organizations
Contact Tanya Cornetta at 978-515-5382 or email@example.com to discuss the program and reserve a spot in the training session beginning on January 31st