Pathways for Children is a host agency for our local Coordinated Family & Community Engagement (CFCE) Program. CFCE is funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, which provides local, family-focused activities and services that support parents as their child’s first teacher. Families residing in Gloucester and Rockport with children aged birth-8 years old may participate in a variety of free programming.
The CFCE program strengthens families and the community by fortifying families with literacy enrichment activities, parenting and child development knowledge, community resources, and engagement opportunities. In this way, the CFCE program ensures that parents can best enable the educational, emotional, and social success of their child.
CFCE coordinates community-wide activities and resources which maximize access to transition supports that address the needs of children and families between and among home, early education and early intervention programs. CFCE also helps with the effective inclusion of children with special needs and transition to Kindergarten.
A variety of programs and activities are made possible through state funding and coordinated by Pathways for Children and the Cape Ann Partnership for Children & Families. Annually, over 400 families receive information and referrals to local family support and education programs and services. In addition, over 250 families participate in weekly playgroups, parent trainings, and outreach events held within the community.
All offerings are free to families residing in Gloucester and Rockport with children aged birth to 8 years old. Our CFCE programming includes:
- Information and guidance to promote positive early learning experiences and successful childhood transitions.
- Happiest Baby on the Block™ parent trainings proven to calm and soothe crying babies.
- Parent education and support, including “Positive Solutions for Families” behavior management workshops.
- STEM (science, technology, engineering & math) family fun learning events through the community.
- Play to Learn weekly playgroups for parents and children aged birth-4 years old
- Financial literacy tool kits and trainings to assist with budgeting, planning and resource support.
- Ages & Stages Parent Questionnaires® to chart your child’s growth and development.
- Information and referrals to local child and family resources, community events, and programs.
- Brain Building events to increase knowledge and build experiences through early learning.
For information on our Positive Solutions parent programming taking place May 13th – June 24th in Gloucester, click here.
For information on our Tuesday Learn and Play playgroups in Gloucester, click here.
For information on our Wednesday Play to Learn groups in Rockport, click here.
For information on our Thursday Learn and Play playgroups in Gloucester, click here.
For more information on any of our CFCE programs, contact Amy Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.515.5320